The Town of Tofield is often asked for more information on certain animal bylaws. We have made these available in PDF form for public viewing:
- Bylaw 1265-1269 – Animal Control
- Bylaw 1267 – Domestic & Wild Animal Control Bylaw
- Penalties – Animal
Dog tags are available for purchase at the Town of Tofield office. Renew by March 31.
We understand that stray cats (or cats at large) can be overwhelming to deal with. We refer situations like this to cat sheltering agencies (also known as cat rescues). There are many (over 50) sheltering agencies for cats all over Alberta. If a very friendly cat has shown up at your property, we suggest taking the cat into a vet office so they can scan it for a microchip.
You can look online for safe alternatives for deterring cats from your property. Here’s a website with some helpful tips: https://www.thespruce.com/cat-repellents-to-keep-cats-out-of-your-yard-2132573
Here are a few sheltering agencies for you to try calling:
- Misfits of Alberta 780-903-0188 or 780-916-0993 (Sherwood Park area)
- Little Cats Lost Rescue 780-937-4781
- PAWS 780-471-2275
- Rescue for Life 780-702-6151
- SCARS (Second Chance Animal Rescue) 780-466-7227
- SAFE TEAM 780-819-2679
- Safe Haven Animal Rescue Society 780-803-3395
- WHARF 587-778-7667 10724 124 Street, Edmonton, Alberta