- Located 67 km. southeast of Edmonton, on Highway 14
- Established as a village in 1907
- Established as a town in 1909
- Population in 2011: 2182
- 6.01 square km., including nearly 200 hectares of parks and recreation grounds
- A service centre for surrounding agricultural and residential areas.
Demographic Summary [2011 Census]
|Age||Population||Percent of Total|
|0 – 19 Years||525||24%|
|20 – 44 Years||640||29%|
|45 – 64 Years||575||26%|
|65 – 84 Years||335||15%|
See also the extended Statistics Canada Community Profile.
Note from the above site: “Statistics Canada is taking additional measures to protect the privacy of all Canadians and the confidentiality of the data they provide to us. Starting with the 2001 Census, some population counts are adjusted in order to ensure confidentiality.” (The figures in the table above are rounded up or down, which results in mismatched totals.)