When first established, Holy Trinity Anglican Church was located on the same property as the Logan Cemetery, north of the present-day Tofield town site. It was part of the St. James the Apostle (Logan) Parish. That church burned down, including the early cemetery records. The church was rebuilt in 1912 in the Town of Tofield.
The Logan Cemetery is located on part of SE 31-51-18-W4, (just south of the location of Logan Post Office 1892-1912), and is not currently accessible by road. Permission must be sought from the adjacent landowner to cross to the corner where the old cemetery is.
The only surviving records of burials in this cemetery are in the Burial Register of Holy Trinity Church for the period 1896-1937. The original register has been deposited in the Provincial Archives of Alberta. Researchers are advised to consult the original record, although a photocopy is available at both the Tofield Museum, and the Tofield Municipal Library.
The 111 register entries transcribed on the attached pages are in chronological order, just as they appear in the register, not alphabetical order. Some names were very difficult to read, and may not be spelled as you expect them to appear. Most, but not all burials recorded in the register, were in the Logan Cemetery.