Highway 14 Regional Water Services Commission
Box 540, 5029-51 Avenue
Ryley, Alberta, Canada T0B 4A0
(780) 663-2019 or 1-866-333-3791
Fax (780) 663-2050
PERMANENT CAREER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Highway 14 Regional Water Services Commission, owns and operates regional water transmission and distribution lines that extend from Strathcona County through Beaver County and into Camrose County. The Commission provides water to the communities of Tofield, Ryley, Holden, Bruce, Viking, Kinsella, Roundhill and Kingman.
The Commission currently has an immediate opening for an Operations Supervisor/Foreman. The Commission is seeking an energetic individual that desires the challenge of taking a leadership role in coordinating the operations and maintenance activities for the Commission under the direction of the Operations Director.
Experience with SCADA, pumps, motors, pipes, fittings, metering, reservoirs, bulk water truck fills, flow control valves, excavation and repairs, graphics, record keeping, contractors, contracts and agreements, safety, testing and maintaining water quality are an asset.
The successful individual must:
- Possess an aptitude to identify and repair or coordinate the repair of system failures.
- Be motivated and able to plan and prioritize work for yourself and other operators.
- Be familiar with and adhere to laws and regulations governing the operation a regional water system.
- Desire to learn and comply with all policies and procedures established by the Commission.
- Be confident in using Microsoft office and learning other software applications.
- Be capable of working professionally with customers, peers, contractors and suppliers.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be energetic and physically capable to work in outdoor environments for long periods of time, walk long distances on uneven surfaces and lift heavy loads up to 20 kg.
- Possess a valid non-probationary class 5 driver’s license with a good driving record and have confidence operating a work truck.
- Work with a safety attitude to ensure the safety of yourself, co-workers and the public.
(Pursuant to the I.U.O.E. Collective Agreement, Local Union No. 955)
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Heavy Duty Mechanic – Permanent Full Time Class: Tradesman Rate of Pay: $32.29 to $39.28 per hour Competition Closing Date/Time: Open until suitable candidate selected Effective Start Date: Immediately Place of Employment: Beaver County Transportation Shop, Ryley
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Full Time Employment
As per Beaver County’s policies and the Collective Agreement with the I.U.O.E. Local 955
Works under Transportation Shop Foreman as a Heavy Duty Mechanic and may be required to perform other duties
Proven experience and ability to repair and maintain trucks, graders and other equipment
Previous experience is essential
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Knowledge of Beaver County
Ability to work independently and assume responsibility for maintenance of equipment
Ability to work effectively with other employees and the public
Interested applicants should submit a resume, a driver’s abstract and a minimum of two work-related references to the following address:
Frank These, Transportation Shop Foreman Beaver County Box 140 Ryley, AB T0B 4A0 780-663-3515 / firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Beaver County is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to a non-smoking policy in its working environment.
Beaver County has a comprehensive and active safety program. Drivers abstract will be required for successful applicant.
Beaver County thanks all applicants for their interest, however advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are looking for Part-time or Full-time Level 3 Child Care Supervisors. They need to be responsible, reliable and the ability to handle multiple kids at once. Their responsibilities are to provide care to the children and will also include daily cleaning in different aspects. They need to be able to Work Monday to Friday. Starting wage is $16.00 with a government top up of $6.62 for all child care hours. For more information you can email the following JENN- email@example.com
Watch here for ongoing Volunteer Opportunities.
- Victim Services – Beaver County
- Do you enjoy gardening and being outside in the summer? Have you been looking to volunteer your time while doing something you love? Tofield Health Centre is looking for a handful of motivated volunteers to form a “Flower Committee” – these volunteers would assist in planting, weeding and day to day maintenance of the hospital gardens. If you or someone you know may be interested in spending approximately an hour a week giving back to the community, this exciting new volunteer opportunity may be for you. Please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Brittany Lysons at 780-763-3116 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!