Busy B Bargains has many projects of the go:
- MUG COLLECTION FOR BOYLE STREET COMMUNITY CENTRE: our newest project! Currently, Boyle Street uses over 200 mugs per day. One volunteer is assigned to pack mugs, while another takes them to the city. Any donations are acceptable.
- COATS FOR KIDS: Program runs Nov. 1 – Jan. 31 or each year. 2 volunteers assist with this. Donated coats are taken to Tofield IGA where they are picked up by Page Cleaners. Coast in ANY condition are accepted. Page Cleaners then repairs and cleans the coats before distribution to the homeless.
- BEDDING & LINEN: Bedding and linens are sorted out and needed ones are priced and placed on Busy B shelves to be sold. Thin quilts, bedskirts and thin flannel sheets go to local quilters to be used for backing.
- COATS FOR FOLKS: When unsold coats are removed from the racks at Busy B, they are picked up by a volunteer from Ryley and taken to Edmonton to be distributed to the homeless.
- BLANKET CANADA: collect for this organization year-round.
- DIABETIC COLLECTION BIN: located just behind the Busy B south store. Clothing and small household appliances are collected for the Canadian Diabetes Association.
New volunteers and new projects are always welcome. We are happy to welcome new ideas – and volunteers that may come with them!
Special thanks to our new volunteers: John and Belle
BUSY B AWARENESS FUNCTION: held the first Saturday in March at Tofield Community Hall. Open House from 9:30 – 11:30 am for the public to come see the projects we participate in!
Busy B South acts as a collecting and distribution point for many other projects, both local and provincial.
- Afghans and blankets to “Warm Up Canada”
- “We Care” Backpack program for street people
- Beverage can pull-tabs for the Ryley Lions’ Club
- Campbell’s Soup Labels to the Girl Guides
- Cancelled Stamps to the Leprosy Mission
- Clothing and supplies to disaster victims, and the needy
- Eye Glasses to the Lions’ Club
- Flower containers — Flower Distribution program
- Hearing Aids
- Jeans for various craft projects
- Many items to the Health Center Tuck Shop
- Egg cartons (1 dozen size)
- Christian Salvage Mission – Bibles, Christian Books in different languages
- MCC – Quilts
- Craft items for Edmonton Reuse Centre
Some Recipients of items, supplies or money:
- Bissell Center
- Family and Community Support Services
- Church Groups
- Home Care services
- Schools and Children’s groups
- Health Care Center
- Tofield Municipal Library children’s programs
- Salvation Army
- Tiger Gold Stick Sports Project / Sports Central
- Tofield Lodge
- Camrose Tea House
- Victim Services
- Edmonton Coat Drive
- Hastings Lake Enviro Days
- Beaver Regional Tourism Association
- Rural Crime Watch
- Silent Auctions
- Assisted Living
- Camrose Women’s Shelter
- Sherwood Park Women’s Shelter
- Reuse Center
- Your Very Own
- Mustard Seed
A cooperative project with Ross Creek Flea Market began in 2010. They will price and sell items for no charge with the proceeds going to Busy B.